Eligibility for Event
2015 Games Requirements
The Universiades and Championships are open to all student athletes that have not been out of university or its equivalent for more than a year and that are between 17 and 28 years old. Any association or national federation which is recognized by the US-IUSF (and in turn, FISU) is eligible to nominate a team or individual competitor in a sport represented in the current World University Games competition.
Each athlete must meet the following specific criteria in order to be eligible.
- United States Citizen and able to obtain a US Passport.
- Born between January 1, 1987 and December 31, 1997. For basketball, the athlete must be born after January 1, 1990 and before December 31, 1997.
- Have taken at least one 3-credit course towards a degree or diploma within the last year before the GAMES. Incoming freshman and transfers are usually eligible.
- Sign the Comprehensive Acceptance of Team USA Agreements form.
- Sign the Team USA Honor Code and Code of Conduct form.
- Sign the Team USA Authorizations, Waiver and Release Form.